Friday, February 15, 2008

My Man's Manly Valentine

Man cards- they are always a struggle - no ribbon, glitter or cutesy stuff… I struggle with these as I am sure most of us do. Well I can’t have the Tag extravaganza for my SIL and do NOTHING for my husband (right… I can’t do that, that would be nice… right…). So I had to think of an idea - a few things that I don’t have much of *gasp* are heart stamps or Valentine paper… I looked at my stash and found the few Valentine papers that I purchased this year - Smitten Brown Glitter paper (K&Comp) and Flirt (Reminisce). I thought of the technique that I used on the cover of the Tag Book and the light bulb went off!



TaaDaa - my husband’s Valentines Card:


A few of the details: (a)see the copper wire (manly right), (b)the sentiment is from Flirt paper that I adhered to SU Window word punch paper cut from Choc Chip, (c) the heart (my favorite part) was hand cut from a scrap of chipboard, I did the Drunken Scotch technique (I will be posting a tutorial on this in the next few days), used SU paper piercer to create the holes to “sew” the copper Xs (d) used the SU hammer to give the copper brads and Manly look :0)

Close up of the heart (stay tuned for the Drunken Scotch Tutorial ):



The Gift

I made my husband an Manly Dinner of London Broil, Tangy Coleslaw, Twice Baked Potatoes, Horseradish Sauce and Chocolate Chip cookies. And I gave him this coffee spoon with a special sentiment:



I will be uploading some of the pages from the inside of the Tag Book over the next few days.


As always - thanks for stopping in and have a creative day!


KAT

No comments: