Monday, February 18, 2008

2nd Pair - Valentine Tag Book Pages

The second pair of pages for the Valentine Tag book features one of the technique challenges on SCS - Dahlia Fold. This technique is fairly easy but a little tedious - you need to do multiple folds on a circular piece of paper. For the flower and dragonfly I used the ¾ and 1 inch punches.

I love the way the masking tape background turned out - it adds fabulous texture to the page! The background is created using small pieces of masking tape to cover your paper then ink with Brilliance Ink (the dew drops). The ink was randomly applied lightest to darkest - make sure to wipe excess ink off with a paper towel before using your next color.

The adorable dragon fly was created using some beads and copper wire. I used fishing line to sew the dragonfly to the page.

A few of the steps: (a) the small corner squares were created with a “mistake” masking tape background that a tossed into the trash… I cut these to fit the Hambly Acetate squares, the flowers were punched using SU Spring Flower Bouquet (the hearts on the flower buds were cut from one of these flowers also) (b) background scroll was created by turning SU Dye ink into emboss-able ink by first stamping in VersaMark, then into Choc Chip, stamp and emboss - this is very easy - just REMEMBER to clean your stamp before you put it back into the VersaMark (c) papers: Wanted and Hey Sugar (Cosmo Cricket) (d) vine detail stamped using Black Stazon

The Focal Page:

Close up of the masking tape background and Dahlia folds (love the little dragon fly…):

Close up of masking tape squares with Acetate Overlays:

Friendship Page - song With a Little Help From My Friends ~Joe Cocker:

Pair of Pages in the Book:

I enjoyed doing the Dahlia fold - this was the first time I have every used a “fancy” fold - SCS is a great place for inspiration!

Thanks for Visiting!


No comments: