Friday, May 14, 2010

Together

Happy Friday everyone! Friday is Just For Fun's color challenge day - today's colors are


A pretty bright color palette for me! You know I'm more of a grungy girl - but challenges are good they make us stretch out of our comfort zone. And for me they make me pillage my studio to try to find something close to these colors.... Alcohol Ink to the rescue!


The butterfly background, flower and the "turquoise" band are glossy card stock with alcohol inks.

Now spend some time clicking around to see what the other designers came up with:

Just For Fun® Blog
KAT ( That's me)

Margarita

Starla

Roni

Broni

Beth

Glenda

Sandy

Sherry

Make sure you visit the Just For Fun® Blog and leave us a link to your own project!

Happy Creating!

KAT

The Stuff:

Stamps - All Just for Fun - Collection, Helen Keller

Other - Tattered Floral Die (Tim Holtz - Sizzix), Alcohol Inks (Ranger)

8 comments:

Lori said...

Beautiful card, love those colors! Have an inky weekend!

Broni said...

I love how you used the alcohol inks to get your vibrant colors. Great flower and gorgeous background! Hehe, about 4 of us used butterflies this week!

Glenda said...

I'm loving the butterfly! But especially love the flower! Great Job!

Starla said...

And more butterflies!! bwhahaaa!! All the planets must be aligned!
ALCOHOL inks! DUH!(smacking self on forhead!) Didn't think of those for these colors!! They gave a BEAUTIFUL background!

whyducks said...

a lovely card

Beate said...

GORGEOUS card, Kat! I wouldn't know that you were out of your comfort zone if you didn't post it. It's beautiful!
Hgus and smiles

Margarita Ybarra said...

More butterflies...I LOVE it!

Ink Stained Roni said...

LOVE the AI's!! Very cool combination :)