Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Celebrate

For some reason I love monochromatic cards - to me they look elegant! Now my favorite color is green but I love browns in a card. So following the ISC Creative Architect challenge to create a monochromatic card and use the Rustic Artsy Swirl set I created this:



I used the solid stamp from Flowers - Watercolor Effect to create the background and hand cut out the ones along the right hand side. The butterfly was blended with distress inks and I added some distress stickles, the swirl from the set was stamped on the bottom of the solid panel.

Here's a side view so that you can see the dimension:

My SIL thinks I'm crazy doing all the hand cutting - but I find it very relaxing!

Why not visit the other Creative Architects to see their Monochromatic creations:

Joanne Grzelak
Julie Warner
Karen Dunbrook


Hope you are finding time to create something today!

KAT

The Stuff:
Stamps - All Innovative Stamp Creations - Rustic Artsy Swirl, Flowers - Watercolor Effect, Words I
Inks - Coffee & Sepia Archival; Tea Dye, Antique Linen, Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain Distress Inks (all inks Ranger)
Other - Fleur DeLis (Spellbinders)

8 comments:

Joanne (jojot) said...

warm, rich, earthy, AND TOTALLY GORGEOUS.....you really worked those browns....great work

Starla said...

This is just STUNNING!! I love the projects that you've done for these challenges!

Hels Sheridan said...

GORGEOUS card hun, tis beautiful x

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Fabulous, Kat! Nobody does the earth tones like you. I never used to really like brown, but you're making me change my mind, lol. Beautiful!

Lori said...

Love monochromatic! Not to mention it makes picking colors easy, lol! Beautiful card, Kat, especially love the brown tones, too!

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful. I never would have thought to do it that way. Edna

Shirley said...

Love this card...I, too like to cut things out..very relaxing!
I really love the brown tones although brown is not my fav colour!

sfread171@hotmail.com

Becky Jo said...

Beautiful card! My DH thinks I'm crazy, too, but I love to cut out things by hand. TFS Hugs!!