Friday, May 7, 2010

Grungy Beach

Hey - it's been an entire week since I uploaded... What have I been doing? Well except for a crop last weekend I could not tell you where my time has gone. Oh - wait I am re-reading all my Sookie Southern Vampire books... Yeah that's it!

But it is Friday and time for another Just for Fun Color Challenge. This week the colors are:
I like the Blue, Green and Orange color challenge and I added an extra challenge for myself - don't use flowers on this card. When I think of this color combination I naturally think flowers. So I looked at the JFF stamps that I have and used two that have not seen ink yet and I came up with:

Grungy Beach:


I really enjoyed making the background - water colored the Palm Tree, ink direct to paper for the sky and the sand, inked up the outer edge only of the Post Card Background stamp for around the edges and for the first time stamped with bubble wrap - see the orange circles. Who knew bubble wrap could be so much fun?

So sit back and click around and see what the offer JFF Designers have been up to:

Just For Fun® Blog
Kat Tucker ( you are here)
Sandy Sandrus

Starla

Sherry Cheever
Terre Fry

Magarita

Make sure you visit the Just For Fun® Blog and leave us a link to your own project!

Have a fabulous Friday and spend some time getting inky today!

KAT

The Stuff:

Stamps - all Just for Fun - Swimmer Girl (not the real name), Palm Tree, Post Card Background

Ink - Coffee Archival, distress inks (Ranger)

8 comments:

Lori said...

Great card! Almost has that old, pirate-y feel to it, I love it! Yeah, bubble wrap, who knew?? lol

Beate said...

Awesome card, Kat!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Hgus and smiles

Margarita Ybarra said...

bubble wrap? Hmmmm... gonna have to try that!

Terre said...

kat, nice job..what no flowers? Your card is nicely designed, the colors compliment the stamps so well, love the bubble wrap great suggestion.

Starla said...

Along with taking a class from T!m one day, I'm going to have YOU teach me how to do collage!! This turned out WONDERFUL!
(and I know how it is when you pick up a book....I usually finish the book the same day that I start it!! Needless to say, I have to limit myself or the house would be condemed!)

Broni said...

I love how you used those stamps and your background is awesome!

Sherry Cheever said...

Flippin' FABULOUS!! Love the collage work and you stitching!!

Deb (dcorder) said...

Very cool! Love the background.