Thursday, October 16, 2008

Mona Meet Tim

Today’s tag was created for this week’s Innovative Stamp Creations challenge - create a technique tag using one of Tim Holtz’s techniques from his blog.

Mona Meet Tim:


The timing for this challenge is perfect for me… You see I will spend all day Saturday and Sunday with Tim Holtz!!!! YYYYIIIIIPPPPPEEEEE I am so excited I can hardly stand it - I have been a huge fan of his for years and he is coming to a LSS and teaching 6 classes. Rhonda, my SIL and BFF, and I are spending the weekend there and taking all six classes. Just to show you why I am so excited here are samples of the classes that we are taking - Tim’s Ohio Classes. I am hoping to find all of Tim’s new stuff - my credit card is in for a work out!

Back to the challenge. I did not use a particular technique of Tim’s I used a bunch of them and his products:


Ink on craft mat and spritz (background of the tag)
Alcohol ink on fragment
Alcohol ink on transparency (butterfly wing)
Grungeboard (ink and metallic paste)
Metal idea-ology line
Tim’ Distress Inks



I tried to get a close up of the fragment and the wing but my camera just did not want to cooperate.


ISC Challenge Details:
Tags are fun and easy to alter!
Use at least 1 tag on a card, make a box, make whatsoever you desire, but you must use at least 1 technique on your tag by Tim Holtz and use only ISC stamps. To get your inspiration visit his blog and scroll under categories column!

You will be entered to win a FREE -1 pkg of Tags/Mona Lisa Stamp Sheet!
Then post your link in the comments section of the ISC blog by Sunday 10/26.
There's more.... ISC has a package of 10, #8 manilla Tags for $1.50


Now just two more days until Tim… Yiiiipppppeeeee (oh, wait I already wrote that - snicker)…
Find something that inspires you today!
KAT


The Stuff:
Stamps - Mona Lisa Arte (Innovative Stamp Creations)
Paper - Office Tag, scrap of Glossy White (behind the fragment)
Ink - Black Stazon; Dried Marigold, Weathered Wood, Tea Dye, Broken China, Vintage Photo (Distress Ink Ranger); Butterscotch, Stream (Adirondack Alcohol Ink)
Other - Grungeboard, Fragments, Sprock Gears, Game Spinner (idea-ology), fibers, metallic paste rub (Craf-T Products), Glossy Accents (Ranger)

No comments: