Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Celebrate Fall

I’ve been having major rubber withdrawal lately - between vacation, being sick and life getting in the way I have not had a chance to be creative. Well last night I put an end to that and used the inspiration all around me - the fall leaves. You see I live in 25 acres of woods so this time of year is breathtaking!!!

Celebrate Fall:

This card is mostly mustard because most of the trees are this color right now - I think they are maples.

The strips of background is the Collage of Leaves image that I stamped in VersaMark and then More Mustard and clear embossed (this is how you can make any dye based ink emboss able). I then sponged on fall colors. The panel behind the leaf started out as Very Vanilla - I used two different distressed inks on my craft sheet, spritzed it with water and put the paper in it repeatedly - I then sponged the rust and green color on it.

I hope you have a chance today to enjoy the beauty around you!

KAT

The Stuff:
Stamps (all Innovative Stamp Creations) Collage of Leaves, Autumn Leaves
Paper - (all SU) More Mustard, Choc Chip, Old Olive, Very Vanilla
Ink - VeraMark; Antique Linen, Tea Dye (Distress Ink - Ranger); More Mustard, Old Olive, Really Rust, Choc Chip (SU)
Other - Clear EP (Ranger), Wax Linen string, Photo corner punch (su), tab punch (McGill)

2 comments:

Heather Ulmer said...

oh how beautiful! I love fall, its just so gorgeous with all the colours changing

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Another beauty!