Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!

Today is the day that things go bump in the night!
For me, it’s a fun holiday that marks the beginning of my favorite holiday - Christmas. As soon as Halloween is over I think it’s fair game to make holiday gifts, shop, bake and decorate for Christmas.

I play a card game called Rage once a month with a group of women that I’ve know forever. The winner gets a prize and then has to bring the prize for the next month. I created a basket that was Frightfully sweet. The basked had a cool artificial pumpkin that lit up, fall salt and pepper shaker and some Halloween candy. I made a tag, altered a candy container and a pin.

Halloween Tag (background is Wrinkle Free Distress Technique, tree colored via watercolor markers):


Dimension of the Grungeboard bats:

Altered Candy bottle:

Pin - inspired by the Shrink Mosaics Tim Holtz class (more on this in another post):
Tag on the package:


Overall package (I love to make pretty gifts!)

I hope you have a spook-tacular day! (or at least eat some two week old Halloween peeps - they are my favorite - once they get nice and chewy)
KAT

The Stuff:
Stamps - Eclectic Collage (Tim Holtz), Tree, Bat (Stamps by Judith); Happy Halloween (Inkadinkado)
Paper - office tag, scrap of white
Ink - Broken China, Shabby Shutters, Dried Marigold (Distress Ink Ranger); Jet Black Archival Ink (Ranger); Silver (Brillance), black stazon
Other - Close to Cocoa, Choc Chip Markers (SU); water brush, water mister, distressor (Heidi Swapp), plain grungeboard (Tim Holtz - idea-ology)

4 comments:

Heather Ulmer said...

woo what a gorgeous gift! Love the tag with those awesome grungy bats!

Amy Sheffer said...

Wow, what an incredible gift!! Love the distressed look!

~Emma~ said...

Kat I popped over to say many thanks for your wonderful comments on my 'rant' post! It was lovely to get your support but I am sorry to hear that your sister has it as well.
BUT...I've ended up spending ages wondering around your blog...its amazing! I will be back....! LOL!
Hugs Em.x

n8tvtexan said...

Great Halloween goodies! Love those tags.

I've given you an award. Check out my blog.