Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Spring Birdie

This is a Birthday card for my Mother-in-law - she will be… well I better not say, she likes me and I want it to stay that way! She likes flowers and birds so I am hoping she will enjoy this card!

Spring Birdie:


One of my favorite stampers on SCS is Markie’s Mom - she writes about how she creates some of her fabulous cards in 30 minutes… 30 minutes??? I don’t know how long it takes me but it’s way longer than 30 minutes…

So, you guessed it, I timed this one and I completed it in 30 minutes times 8 - yep…translation 4 HOURS! I loved every minute of it but I am jealous that I can’t create a beautiful work of art in 30 minutes… If you would like to see some of Markie’s Mom’s fantastic work here is her blog -> http://stampinwithmarkiesmom.blogspot.com/


The overall dimension of this card is 9 x 4 and it will fit in a business sized envelope. Here are some of the details of the background panels (hmmmm hint of why it too so long???):


Chocolate Chip CS, VersaMark, Clear embossed
Certainly Celery CS distressed


This one’s involved (LOL) -> Barely Banana CS, stamped Sanded background with VersaMark twice in different directions, sponged edges with Pretty in Pink, stamped brown boarder, added more sponging of Pretty in Pink, distressed, sewed with zigzag and straight stitch (hand tied and taped on the back so they will not fray)


For the flowers I inked direct to paper on Very Vanilla CS with Pretty in Pink and Barely Banana - when I applied the ink I did not go for full coverage - this adds some dimension to the flower background. The yellow layers were clear embossed, pink and green were sponged with some brown and I applied Jelly Roll clear pen to add some shine. Added dimensionals to the layers of the flowers.


Close up of one of the panels:

Other info:
Stamps - Baroque Border wheel (SU), Petal Prints (SU), Sanded (SU), In Full Bloom (SU), Birdi (Savoir Faire)
Inks - VersaMark, Choc Chip, Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery, Barely Banana
Paper - Choc Chip, Certainly Celery, Barely Banana


I hope you are enjoying some Spring weather where you are!
Thanks for visiting!
KAT

5 comments:

SmilynStef said...

Who wouldn't love receiving this work of art ... beautiful.

~amy~ said...

What an incredibly gorgeous card!!! Your mil is going to LOVE it!!

jjcreations said...

Gorgeous card....I'm sure your mother-in-law will love it. Thanks for your comment on my card on SCS. Joan

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Smok'n hot! You always amaze me. I love Faith's work too. Her cards are amazing, and it's more amazing to hear she does them in 30 minutes. Yikes. I'm spending 3 and 4 hours to do one card, just like you.

Linda Carson said...

Lovely, absolutely lovely!