Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Flutter Sunrise

I am back from my crop and I had a fabulous time… Nothing like being a small group of stampers in a large group of scrappers… Oh and the shopping - we hit 3 local stamping stores!!! I did not get anything totally finished but I made some great progress and I hope to be sharing two different mini albums in the next week or so…


I wanted to share a Springy (is that a word?) card with you today that includes two of my favorite techniques - brayered sky and polished stone. If you check out some of the cards that Zindorf posts on SCS you will see a wide variety of absolutely gorgeous brayered sky cards.



Here is mine - Flutter Sunrise:

This is a tent topper card. The large butterfly is a stamp from Innovative Stamp Creations ( http://www.innovativestampcreations.com/ ) that is a full, two winged, butterfly (like the smaller butterflies at the bottom of the card). I embossed the butterfly twice on polished stone glossy cardstock and then cut her out and cut off the bottom wing and tentacle. The duplicate wing was placed behind the front wing and body. I then bent the front wing to give the illusion of flight.
The three smaller butterflies were also stamped on polished stone and placed on scraps of the brayered sky paper with the cracked background stamp.

One more picture that I wanted to share today - not stamp related but a true work of art! While I was gone at the crop my weeping cherry bloomed! Nothing in my garden had spring blooms before I left.


Enjoy! :

Thanks for visiting!

KAT

Other info:
Stamps - (all Innovative Stamp Creations) Flair of Summer, Art 4 Frames, About Me
Ink - Pretty in Pink, Soft Sky, Bashful Blue, Black Versafine
Paper - Black, Pretty in Pink, Hey Sugar (Cosmo Cricket)

1 comment:

Rosella said...

WOW! What a beautiful tree!!!! Oh, I just LOVE blooming trees. Thanks for sharing it with us.