Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Playin With Bleach

…it’s not just for cleaning and laundry…


After working with bleach last week I thought I would play with it just a little more. I created two very different looking cards both using flowers and bleach.


Bleached Tulips:


This background was created with ink direct to paper on white CS. Direct to paper is simply rubbing your ink pad across your paper.

Bleached Daisies:


This background was created by sponging ink on Barely Banana CS, stamping small brown flower and then bleaching with the daisy.


A few comments about using bleach:
Create your own stamp pad with an old dish and paper towels
When bleaching Card Stock - test first, reaction to bleach varies
Does not work on most designer paper because it’s coated/sealed
Will bleach out dye based inks (I’ve used SU and Ranger Distressed Inks)
I washed my stamps under running water (I did not want to bleach my stamp scrubber)


Happy Bleaching!
KAT


Bleached Tulips - Other Info:
Stamps - (all Innovative Stamp Creations) Oriental Nature Elements; Textures, Backgrounds & Sentiments
Inks - (All SU) Soft Sky, Bashful Blue, Old Olive, Choc Chip
Paper - White, Choc Chip, Soft Sky, Old Olive
Other - Bleach, Prismacolor pencils, gamsol, Nestabilities


Bleached Daisies - Other Info:
Stamps - (all Innovative Stamp Creations) Fancy Designs, Flair of Summer
Inks - (All SU) Choc Chip, Cool Caribbean, Pretty in Pink
Paper - Barely Banana, Cool Caribbean, Pretty in Pink, Choc Chip
Other - Fragments (Idea-ology), bleach

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I haven't used bleaching in years. You are inspiring me to get out that bottle! Love these cards. The bottom one is amazing. I love geometrical designs but so few folks can pull them off well. You did!!!