Wednesday, April 9, 2008

It's Your Day

It's Your Day:


I love this layout - the long/tall cards make you think differently than the A2 or square cards… This one is similar to the Spring Birdie card that I did for my MIL’s birthday. I was sad parting with that card so I thought I’d make a similar one but with different stamps!

One of the stamps that I ardor on this card is the garden silhouette that comes in the Flair of Summer set from Innovative Stamp Creations ( http://www.innovativestampcreations.com/ ). This stamp is sized perfectly to fit on an A2 card. For this layout I used only one side of the stamp on each panel. I placed scotch tape on the portion of the stamp that I did not want on my paper, inked the stamp, removed the tape and then - viola - perfect stamped image!

The flower and the bird were created using the Tole Technique (stamped multiple times, cut out and placed on dimensionals). Also - the bird is a solid image stamp - I kissed the inked stamp with the flower vine stamp to remove some of the ink and stamped the bird on Pretty in Pink CS.

All panels were sponged, distressed and sewn around the edges.

Other info:
Stamps - (all from Innovative Stamp Creations) Flair of Summer, Artsy Trinkets, About Me
Inks - Choc Chip, Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery, Barely Banana
Paper - Choc Chip, Certainly Celery, Barely Banana, Pretty in Pink

Thanks for visiting!
KAT

1 comment:

~amy~ said...

MAGNIFICENT! I just love this design of yours...