Friday, April 2, 2010

Just for Fun Friday

It's Friday and time for another color challenge for Just for Fun! Today's color challenge is





Red and Yellow - hmmm... Colors that I don't work with much. My Christmas cards are not even red and I don't own any red card stock. But challenges are to help us grow right? So....
This card was made with all white card stock and I brayered on the red and yellow. But I was feeling a little grungy when I made this shockingly bright card (well for me anyway) - so I also made this...
And the inside:

Look I used red and don'tcha just love the Dream Voyage stamps and the postcard background.

Now take some time to see what the other designer made - I am sure they were much more successful with the Red, Yellow and Black color combination than I was - really!

Just For Fun® Blog
Broni Holcombe
Heidi Blankenship
Kat Tucker ( you are here)
Sandy Sandrus

Sherry Cheever
Starla Nelson
Terre Fry

Make sure you visit the Just For Fun® Blog and leave us a link to your own project!

Happy Creating!

KAT

The Stuff:

Stamps - Dream Voyage, Post Card Background, Travel, Filler Stamp, Letter Slot, Airmail Travel (All Just for Fun)

Ink - Barn Red, Mustard Seed, Faded Jeans, Vintage Photo, Pumice Stone Distress Inks; Jet Black Archival (Ranger)

Other - Grunge Paper, metal embellishments, compass mask (idea-ology)


8 comments:

Emily said...

Your first card was nice...very bright and cheerful...but your second card...Loved it!!!! And the tag for the inside!
Thanks for sharing! :o)
(Glad to see you got over your red phobia! You really made it work!):D

Nancy said...

I agree with Emily - both are great, but the 2nd is my favorite. Wonderful creations, as always!

Starla said...

Giggle....I'm very impressed with the brayering...I can sponge, can't brayer to save my life! BUT!! I agree with the other gals...first card is great, but LOVE the grunge!

Lori said...

What??? No red cardstock for CHRISTMAS??? ROFL. I think you did marvy with the challenge for having no red card! Great job, and yes, those stamps are awesome!

Sherry Cheever said...

Well I think you did a wonderful job for struggling with the colors .. . I like the second one better too, but then again I'm not a bright color girl either!!!!!!

Beate said...

I had to LOL when I read your comment about the first card. I have a hard time with bright colors as well. I was shocked when I saw the color challenge.
LOVE the second card. Looks amazing!
Have a Happy Easter!
Hugs and smiles

Magali S. said...

C'est superbe !!!

anywhere_Smile said...

If the links to not links london lead to the maximum increase in traffic discount links of london then what value would the links truly links of london silver possess. They would end up being little more than window dressing at worst and minimally impactful links of london sale at best. That is not what a new online business links london jewellery looking for a spike in revenues would wish to links london bracelet yield.Also, when you are running a new business, your london links charms time will limited as there will be scores of other responsibilities links of london watches sale competing for your time. That means you won't be able to discount links of london rings do what is necessary to individually place your own links on cheap links of london necklaces the internet. Rather than do so, you could buy links and delegate the work to others.