Friday, April 9, 2010

Friends

It's Friday and time for another Just For Fun color challenge - but this week I did not struggle using red *insert happy grin here*! Today's colors:


This challenge was a great excuse to use my new distress ink colors - Victorian Velvet and Bundled Sage:

The background panel is wrinkle free distress, the grid panel is paint resist and the girls were water colored using my distress ink pads. Oh - the flower is using Tim's floral Sizzix die.

Don't those girls just put a smile on your face! Reminds me of my best friend when I was young!

If you'd like to see what the other Just For Fun designers created with this week's colors here are links to their blogs...

Just For Fun® Blog
Broni Holcombe
Heidi Blankenship
Kat Tucker ( you are here)
Sandy Sandrus

Sherry Cheever
Starla Nelson
Terre Fry

Make sure you visit the Just For Fun® Blog and leave us a link to your own project!

Happy Friday and Happy Creating!

KAT

The Stuff:

Stamps - (all Just for Fun) Best Friends, Sketchy Grid, Typewriter Type, Plato's Friends

Ink - Lots of distress inks and Coffee Archival (Ranger)

Other - Tattered Florals Alternations Die (Sizzix), Pink Souffle Pen (Sakura), Shell Pink Adirondack Paint Dabber (Ranger)


6 comments:

Sherry Cheever said...

Kat this is fabulous! First, when I look at this image I don't see what you do and look how you've changed my mind!!!!

Starla said...

Hehe....I struggled with the pink! Love the textures on this (paint resist...need to look into that!) You can do collage like no other!!

Lori said...

Wow, those are colors I never would have grouped together, but as usual, yours came out fantastic! Love the different techniques to incorporated to pull it all together, it's a beaut!

Terre said...

Nice job Kat you really rocked the color challenge can't wait to see what you create next week..hugs Terre

glenda said...

Your use of color is wonderful. Love the two little girls. It reminds me of a sister!

patricia smith said...

Wow, now that is cute! I would never have thought to use the distress inks to watercolor with! Neat! You Rock, girl! Pat