Saturday, May 10, 2008

Pearl Silhouette

I am not sure what possessed me to make this card in purple… I’m not a purple girl… but there is a very pretty green in the background paper so I think that’s why I like it (I’m a GREEN girl).

Pearl Silhouette:

This card was made using the chalkboard technique with Pearlescent Chalks… this shimmers IRL. The technique is very easy. Stamp your image with White Craft Ink and add your chalks - no need to wait for the ink to dry. It’s a great way to get chalks to show up on dark backgrounds. If you try this technique don’t feel like you need to limit yourself to black CS… Try dark brown, blue or - can‘t believe I am writing this - purple.

The background paper swirl was stamped in Brilliance Ink and heavily sponged with the same ink.

The silhouette flower, sentiment and swirl are from a great new stamp set from Innovative Stamp Creations http://www.innovativestampcreations.com/ - stop over and check it out!

Have a great weekend and thanks for visiting!
KAT

Other info:
Stamps - Nature Silhouettes (Innovative Stamp Creations)
Paper - Fanciful Green Filigree ( paper adventures), black, amethyst metallic (the paper company)
Ink - Whisper White Craft (SU), Purple (Brilliance)
Other - Nestabilities, Glass Butterfly, Pearlescent Chalks (Peebles)

No comments: