Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Bird in My Garden

Okay my 3rd bird card today *snort*… the next card will not be a bird - promise.

Bird in My Garden:


This card is special - it’s for my Mother-In-Law for Mother’s Day. Unlike some people, I actually like my MIL - she’s always been nice to me, loves her son and doesn’t get too involved in our lives (translation - she not nosy or pushy). She loves birds and has bird feeders off her back porch so that she can watch them. I am amazed at the number of birds that she can identify from just seeing them fly by.


This card uses today’s Sketch Challenge on SCS - you can read the challenge here: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=346067. I really like the split circle on this card.


The bird, leaves and flowers were all embossed on polished stone paper. The polished stone was made with Groovy Guava and River Rock re-inkers. There is a lot of cutting on this card - good thing I enjoy cutting I find it relaxing!


Off to do some surfing on the net!


Good Night!
KAT


Other info:
Stamps - Bird Galore (Inkadinkado), Simply Stated (Fancy Pants)
Paper - (All SU) Groovey Guava, River Rock, Choc Chip, Glossy White
Ink - Choc Chip Craft (SU)

4 comments:

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Beautiful, beautiful job on this sketch. The sketch didn't appeal to me, but you made it work. I love how you cute out the flowers and hide the circles. Awesome job!

Deb Neerman said...

This is just gorgeous!!!!

cheryl (clee') said...

Lovely! All that cutting was worth it!

Erika H. said...

Oh my goodness...this card \is so gorgeous. I love the colors, layout, the cut pieces...lovely!