Sunday, February 14, 2010

Butterflies in Spring

I know I promised you Spring Butterflies yesterday but instead I had an early Valentine's date with my hubby. That's a BIG deal around here because he's more of a stay at home type. We went to see Avatar and had dinner. I thought Avatar was AMAZING... especially the colors in the night scenes - anyone who is involved in art an any capacity would love the vibrant colors!

So how about some vibrant Butterflies - Drunk Butterflies:


These are Alcohol Inks and silver Metallic mixatives smooshed on glossy cardstock and then the image is embossed in black. And, since the butterflies are "drunk", I sewed a stitch through the butterflies to add interest.

In Circles:

Close up of Butterfly:

Same butterfly as above stamped on Lilly Kate Basic Grey paper and pink stickles added to the detail lines.

I'm off to watch the snow fall and THINK of Spring!

KAT

The Stuff:
Stamps - Eclectic Butterfly, Nature Silhouettes, Dandelions (Innovative Stamp Creations)
Paper - Lilly Kate (Basic Grey)
Other - Steam, Wild Plum, Butterscotch, Silver Mixatives (Alcohol Inks - Ranger), Alcohol Blending Solution (Ranger)

6 comments:

Diana Winter said...

Did you have a romantic dinner at Steak and Shake?

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

These are beautiful, Kat! Love the colorful butterflies against the black bg on the first and the soft colors and great layout on the second.

Mari said...

While I love the colors of your drunk butterflies (ha!), I really really *love* the offset circles on the second card. Enough to CASE, maybe! :)

JoZart Designs said...

Excellent project.. love it .. the drunken butterflies on black are superb!
Best Wishes Jo

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Wonderful work, the butterflies are fabulous. Thanks for the nice comment you left on my blog. As the your interest in why I don't like that card, there are a couple of things I now think I could have done differently. Every time I see it I want to re-engineer it - LOL.

I've been meaning to stop by. I saw your drunken scotch tutorial on Card of the Week and think it's an awesome technique. I really love the outcome. I many use it in the near future. Thanks so much for sharing!!

Unknown said...

Just beautiful! I was going to ask if they were drunk because they looked 'tipsy' on the card, or because they were made with alcohol, and then I read on and got my answer. lol