Thursday, September 11, 2008

Nature Distressed ISCC12

Today’s Innovative Stamp Creations challenge is a Sketch found at Witty Living - you can view it here .


Nature Distressed:

Ever wonder if the trees are "distressed" in the fall - stuggling to hold on to their leaves because they are not yet ready of the long winter to begin?
As you can see I did modify the sketch to fit my idea - I believe that is what sketch challenges are intended for - keep the general concept but make it your own.


The pattern paper I made using a background stamp and the smallest tree from the Maple Tree Painting set. I added lots of sponging and distressing - even some tearing and crumbling.


ICSC12 Challenge Details:


Make a card based on the sketch using only Innovative Stamp Creations images. You have until Sept 21st to complete and you will be entered to win a stamp sheet of your choice! For all the details visit the Innovative Stamp Creations blog here .


Join us and play along!
KAT


The Stuff:
Stamps - (all Innovative Stamp Creations) Maple Tree Paintings, Marvels Of Nature II, About Me
Paper - (all SU) Very Vanilla, More Mustard, Really Rust, Choc Chip
Ink - Antique Linen Distress Ink (Ranger), VersaMark: (rest SU)Choc Chip, More Mustard, Old Olive, Soft Sky, Really Rust
Other - buttons, thread, clear EP

6 comments:

Shelly said...

gorgeous Kathy!

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful Kathy

Anonymous said...

aww its beautiful! i love those trees and the colours..!

Mari said...

Hi again Kat! Thanks for dropping in to see me. Of course I'll come give you some reciprocal love, you deserve it! I've loved your style for a while now (subscribed the first time I visited) but I really dig the shabby edges on this card. Makes for a more natural looking break between pieces. Love it!

Shirley said...

Your card is beautiful. I love the fall colors you used with your technique. Its really wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Elegant, yet distressed! Love the fall colors.

- LLK