Saturday, July 5, 2008

Enamel Butterfly

Today’s card is for the Inspiration Challenge on SCS found here . I selected the Spring 2007 Special Edition plate.


Enamel Butterfly:

I was surprised when I looked at the challenge late last night…. Mackintosh Enamels is my DH cousin’s artwork/business… chuckle…you never know what a small world it is! Their work is really beautiful and they are the nicest people!


Okay - a little about the card. Most of the background was created with emboss/resist and lots of sponging. I white embossed the leave print at the bottom to represent the lighter images on the plate. The entire circle was embossed with one layer of UTEE that I partially melted - I like the sheen and the texture that this added (originally I was going to add several layers of the UTEE).


Hope you are having a fun, relaxing holiday weekend!
Thanks for the visit!
KAT


Other info:
Stamps - Baroque Motifs, Simple Sketches, Stem Silhouettes (SU); Butterflies (Innovative Stamp Creations)
Paper - Very Vanilla, Old Olive (SU)
Ink - Sage Shadow, Creamy Caramel, Old Olive, Mellow Moss, Whisper White Craft, VersaMark
Other - Clear EB, White EB, UTEE, Curvy Cutter (EK Success)

6 comments:

Jody Morrow said...

Gorgeous card!

Anonymous said...

I really love how you left the texture in the EP ... beautiful.

kerianne said...

This is absolutely stunning!! Wowza!

Rhonda Langley said...

Beautiful!! Love the texture & all the blended colors! Great card!

bensarmom said...

This is absolutely stunning!

Rosella said...

It's stunning! Love the colors you used too!