Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Petula Thank You

Sorry I have not blogged for a while - my BIL passed away a week and a half ago and I have been spending all my time with my sister.


A number of family and friends have been very kind and I find myself in need of some thank you cards. Today’s card was made using the Sketch Challenge on SCS found here .


I felt this card could be very cheery - it’s for a family friend where my sister stayed for several days and we spent time in her beautiful backyard and pool.


Petula Thank You:

This card includes lots of distressing, water coloring, sewing (I just can’t resist it), faux clouds and paper piecing on Petula.


I hope you find something to make you laugh and smile today!
KAT


Additional info:
Stamps - imagines, Serendipity Stamps
Paper - White Out Collection (We R Memory Keepers), White
Ink - Black, Soft Sky, Not Quite Navy, Creamy Carmel (SU);
Antique Linen Distress Ink (Ranger)
Other - Prima flowers, half pearls

19 comments:

~amy~ said...

super cute!!!

tim holtz said...

hey kat.....great work on your blog!! i wanted to let you know to check out my calendar as i will be amherst,ohio at stamplastic in october. hope to see you there. info was just posted on my site.... really enjoyed reading your blog..

-t!m

Michelle (aka mybelle101) said...

WOW! This is stunning! Love all the distressing and details. (OMGoodness...just noticed that TIM HOLTZ replied to this too! Lucky girl!! {love} him!)

Dragana Skoro said...

Such a beautiful card... Thanks for visiting me.

Lesly said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your BIL. This card is fabulous! Way cute!

Unknown said...

I really, really like this...very pretty!

Melissa said...

So cute! love this..

Melissa said...

Love this! super cute

Lynn Put said...

Oh WOW, this is adorable!

Carmen said...

I love how you made this cute card!

Cris A said...

Sorry about your loss.
This card is just adorable!

Dragana Skoro said...

I commented already, but I tagged you for BFF Award on my blog. Check it out and play along...

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your BIL...my prayers are with you. Your card is very sweet and hits the right touch.

Anonymous said...

Very cute card. I'm sorry about your brother in law. It is good that you are there for your sister.

Heather
scrappinmominky.blogspot.com

Silke Ledlow said...

Kathy - I'm so sorry to hear about your BIL!!! Spending time with your sister is of course most important!!!
May God bless her and see you all thru this difficult time!!!

Hugs ~Silke~

Btw - your card is awesome!!!

Debby said...

So sorry to hear about your BIL. It's great that you were able to spend time with your sister.

I browsed through your blog and it is fantastic! Have a great day!

Linda said...

Hello Kat, another comment from me. I made your blog "Site of the week" on my blog. I think you do wonderful art and will be checking back for more eye candy :)
My condolances on your loss, my thoughts are with you and your family.
hugs from Holland, Linda

Anonymous said...

so cute, and colorful definitely cheery
Soni B from SCS

kk127g said...

OMG
I LOve LOve LOve this card.
Way Too Cute !!!!!!!
KK