Sunday, March 30, 2008

Hey... Who Broke My Plate?


…it’s not really broken - I bought it the way it is because I loved it! This is my favorite pottery piece - I love the mat, shine, dimension and leaves. So when Saturday’s inspiration challenge on SCS was to use something in your home to make a card - I knew I had to give this a try. You can view the challenge here -> http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=336350

Card:


This card is very different from any that I have ever created… I used ink, paint and embossing powder to give the background all of it’s dimension and depth. Here are the layers:
Very Vanilla Cardstock (background base)
True Thyme Ink
Buttermilk acrylic paint
Brushed Corduroy Ink
Antique Linen Ink
Cranberry Crisp Ink
Copper Embossing Powder (EB)
Clear EB
Cappuccino EB
Brown Prismacolor pencil
Cranberry Crisp Cardstock
Dimensionals
Copper brads

I kept working the background and the layers to get the look that I was trying for.

So that you can see the dimension:


Other Info:
Stamps - Nature’s Vein (Close to my Heart), Silhouettes (Inkadinkado)
Inks - See above SU, Distress Ranger Ink, VersaMark
Paper - Very Vanilla, True Thyme, Cranberry Crisp


The sentiment on the cards says “Welcome”. I used this sentiment because I am going to frame this card and place it with one of the matching pieces of pottery by my front entryway.

Thanks for visiting! (I have a shower curtain that wants to be an inspiration piece next...)

KAT

No comments: