Thursday, March 27, 2008

Butterfly Dreams

YES - you guessed it! Another card based on a challenge on SCS. Before I get to the card a few thoughts on the challenges on SCS…

I find that by doing the challenges it really makes you expand outside of your normal box or way you stamp/create:


Colors
Techniques
Card Layouts
Creating a card from an inspiration picture
Products
Tools
Card Folds


Some of them really make me think and dig through what I have to “Make it work” (say in your best Tim Gunn - Project Run voice).


After I upload I love looking at everyone else’s interpretation (this also gives you more ideas). We all start out at the same point and it’s amazing where everyone goes from there.


So if you haven’t participated in a Challenge lately - I encourage you to do so!


Now on to today’s card! Today’s Ways to Use it Challenge - Just Spray It can be viewed here -> http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=335841


The challenge was to “spray” your project and that lead me right to my misters…. I have a “few” (more than a dozen is a few right???), I enjoy using them but I don’t use them very often - so Today was the day!


Butterfly Dreams:


Background was created by first embossing the floral/swirl stamp. Then I “misted” with blue, green and pink. If you look closely at the background I used a color pencil and opaque white pen to give the floral/swirl stamp more detail.


I am hoping this will encourage the 3” of snow the weather report is calling for to GO AWAY! I am so ready for SPRING!


Other details:
Stamps-> Floral/Swirl (Fancy Pants), Spring Butterfly (Autumn Leaves), Sentiment (Inky Antics)
Mists -> Willow & Cherry Blossom Walnut Ink (Tsukinek), Blue Martini (Memories Mist)
Inks -> VersaMark, Choc Chip, Pretty in Pink, Cool Caribbean
Other -> Prismacolor pencils, Inkssentials Opaque White pen, Jelly Roll Clear Glaze pen


Hope you have signs of Spring where you are today!
KAT

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Wooooowwwww I love all your work!!!!

I'm the first time on your blog and I've linked you on mine. I hope this is ok?

Greetings from Germany
Barbara