Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Groovy Thank You

Today’s card is for the Sketch Layout Challenge on SCS. You can view the sketch here -> http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=335547

This sketch is interesting because the rules for the main panel was that it HAD to be 1.5” - limiting for a stamper. I had that moment of “how can I do this” and then I remember yesterday’s stamp and thought - Okay do two cards with the same stamp - might be interesting to see. And while I was at it I used the same technique - Polished Stone.


Groovy Thank You:

I added extra detail line work in the River Rock Designer paper and around the edge of the card with PrismaColor pencils - this helps to tie all the elements together.


Other info:
Stamps-> Simply State (Fancy Pants), Short and Sweet (SU)
Paper -> River Rock Designer, River Rock, Chocolate Chip, Groovy Guava
Inks-> VersaMark, Chocolate Chip
Other -> Cappuccino embossing powder (Ranger)


Thanks for stopping in!
KAT

3 comments:

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Awesome card. You did a great job with the challenge. Today I planned on doing the challenge, but when I saw the unusual rules, I skipped out because I just couldn't think what stamp I have that would work. Your card turned out well.

~amy~ said...

Gorgeous take on the challenge!

Georgia Ehrmann said...

Wow! What a beautiful card!I love everything about it! What a great job on the challenge! I guess maybe I should try some of them... (OK, I tried 1...) TFS