Friday, March 19, 2010

Queen Ann's Lace

What a beautiful week we've had here in NE Ohio - Sunny and in the 60s and it's March - it's been so beautiful!

Friday is Just for Fun's Color Challenge day! This weeks color challenge is


I love black and cream - I think the colors are classic! Here is my sample:


The Queen Ann's Lace was stamped with Snow Cap Pigment ink and then colored in with Pearlescent chalks. What you can't see in the photo is all the glimmer. The chalk really pops the detail of the beautiful image. The butterfly panel was stamped twice to create the longer black piece (the butterfly stamp is square).

Give your fingers a little exercise and go take a look at what the other designers created....

Just For Fun® Blog
Broni Holcombe
Heidi Blankenship
Kat Tucker ( you are here)
Linda Duke
Sandy Sandrus

Sherry Cheever
Starla Nelson
Terre Fry

Make sure you visit the Just For Fun® Blog and leave us a link to your own project!

Hoping that Spring is really here!

Happy Creating!

KAT

The Stuff:

Stamps: Queen Ann's Lace, Collection (Just For Fun)

Ink - Snow Cap Pigment, Jet Black Archival, Black Soot Distress (Ranger)

Other - Pearlescent Chalk (Pebbles)




6 comments:

Beate said...

Gorgeous card, KAT. At Ranger U we played a with several Just For Fun stamps. I need to place an order next month (this month my budget went to Ranger products and Tim's stamps).
Have a great weekend! Hugs and smiles

Starla said...

Love the chalk look!! I WILL have to give it a try soon!

Lori said...

Beautiful card, Kat! Love the chalks, I'm sure they're much better in person. The black and cream provides a great contrast!

Broni said...

This is so, so pretty, Kat! The Queen Anne's Lace is one of my favorite images and I LOVE what you've done with it!

Terre said...

Kat, love your use of chalks, I need to pull mine out and use them more often, love your choice of colors, beautiful card.

Heidi Blankenship said...

Kat your card is Gorgeous! I love the soft chalk colors with the black and cream! Love the Queen Anne's Lace, I am going to have to get that image! Beautiful Job!