Sunday, March 21, 2010

Grunge Treasures

Here is the bud vase the I made using the same five point flower from Friends are Special new stamp release from Innovative Stamp Creations.

Grunge Treasures:
(Sorry - that's my house in the background - I had to take this one outside...)

Here is a close up of the flowers (also brown chandelier beads, organdy ribbon and wire twirls):

Close Up of the half open bud:

The half open bud uses the bud tutorial in my post below and I added 3 additional petals wrapped around bud (sorry I forgot to take a photo).

Close Up of the ornate plate:

The full flower is pretty basic grunge flower instructions. It take 3 flowers and you'll have a few single petals left over.

Since this is a five point flower cut one petal from 2 of the flowers and leave one whole:

To color the enters I use a small piece of a blender pad to control where the color goes:

Glue the four petals together using Glossy Accents:

I use these clips that I found in the bead sections of my local craft store - these can also be found at a hardware store. Before I had these I used paper clips to hold the petal together.

It's very important that the Glossy Accents dries before you move on:

I use my large hole punch to put a hole in the five point flower and "snip" the butt end off the of the other two (this allows them to nest together). I then form the petals using your thumb and 1st finger and the magic of the grunge paper holds it's shape!

Then you simply stack them together one layer at a time using your glossy accents and clips to hold it until it dries. You can choose any flower center - the one I used was an ornate rhinestone brad. But you could use a bead, button, idea-ology pieces - the possibilities are really endless!

Well that's it for now! I'll have more samples to share as the week goes on!

Happy Creating!

KAT

The Stuff:
Stamps - Friends are Special, Sayings (all from Innovative Stamp Creations)
Ink - Rusty Hinge, Mustard Seed, Crushed Olive, Forest Moss Distress Inks, Jet Black Archival (Ranger)
Other - Grunge Paper, Glossy Accents

23 comments:

Princess of glitter said...

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing your wonderful creation!

Nancy said...

Beautiful, Kathy!!

Hels Sheridan said...

Cor blimey WOW hun..this is AMAZING!!! love the outside of your house too!! Hugs x

Naomi said...

What a wonderful creation. Really great!

Von said...

What can I say but wonderful !!!

Lori said...

Spectacular piece, Kat! Thanks for sharing these tutorials, too! Well done!

Anita said...

This is stunning!

Unknown said...

This is VERY COOL! I love it:D

Sherry Goodloe said...

I love the wire with the grunge with the metal tag with the . . . . I just LOVE it!

Hetty said...

This is absolutely stunning!!Thanks for showing how to creatit this.

Helena said...

beautiful flower arrangement!!
TFS

Bethan said...

gorgeous!

Shelly Hickox said...

Kat, this is amazing!! Thanks so much for sharing.

Starla said...

GIRL!!! I love this! I'm soooo going to have to play around with some of these ideas!!

InkyFingers said...

Beautiful! Creative! Fun!

Helen said...

I am speechless, this is just beautiful beyond compare. I tried the drunken scotch technique at the weekend - fab or what - just need to find something to put it on now!

Angie Hall Haviland said...

SO NEAT....LOVE your flowers, Kat :)

Elaine said...

Absolutely great, You are able to create beauty from a lowly piece of grunge. Wonderful Job!

Beate said...

Absolutely stunning! Wonderful creationg!
Hugs and smiles

Unknown said...

Your flowers look great, and you do a good job on the tutorial. Keep 'em coming!

Altered Art Studio 9010 said...

I checked out the group site then found yours. Love the close pictures of the flowers and the instructions.
Thanks for visiting my blog!
Deb

Unknown said...

GUNSMOKE so would be to risk sensory overload. So, we can see that the main issues when deciding whether to GUNSMOKE DVD or not GUNSMOKE DVD COLLECTION are related to time, finding appropriate films in terms of content and comprehensibility, and whether showing a segment or the whole film is most beneficial. Consequently, we have tried to eliminate all of these potential constraints by making movies available as extracurricular activities rather than as a set part of the curriculum.

Unknown said...

Hilariously, the main character of the show is named JAG, and yet, our beloved real Matt Dillon is nowhere in consideration (he's busy starring in Armored and JAG DVD). The studio wants Pitt because he was pretty convincing in The Assassination of Jesse James, while Ryan Reynolds wants on board because he apparently playing both The Green Lantern and JAG DVD COLLECTION isn't keeping him busy enough.