I need to make 40 Christmas cards - usually I attend card making parties were we make 10 at each but with my weekend schedule this year that is not going to work… so I am on a quest. What is my Quest? Well…
2009 Christmas Card Quest:
- Make 40 Christmas cards in 16 weeks and because I don’t like to mass produce (that’s not a lot of fun right) - make 20 different designs, 2 of each.
- All cards must be finished and ready to mail by Dec 7th - 16 weeks from now. No excuses about life getting in the way!
- Spend no $$$ making these cards. I’ve been hoarding Christmas stamps, trinkets and paper for years. Take off the hoarding panties and use what I have! (a funny side note - I have NO red cardstock)
- Force myself to make half of them less complicated (most of the cards that I make take 2 or 3 hrs each, some take more time than that). Now I want to simplify half of them BUT I still need to enjoy the process AND be happy with the outcome - this is going to be hard for me!
- The cards MUST be mail-able (what no Grunge Paper Roses on the cards???). I don’t mind paying extra postage for some of the cards but not all of them.
So - here’s the first two…
2 of 40:
I’ve had this Tim Holtz Santa since last Christmas and this was the first time the poor baby has seen ink! You might think the blue stickles is odd - but IRL there is blue in the designer cardstock.
This card was inspired by a Julia Stainton - check out her card here - she does beautiful work!
Wish me luck on my Quest!
Stamps - Letter to Santa, Santa’s Wish (all Tim Holtz)
Paper - Frost (My Minds Eye)
Ink - Walnut, Vintage Photo, Broken China Distress Inks (Tim Holtz - Ranger)
Other - Corner (Tim Holtz - Idea-ology), button, stamped ribbon; Broken China & Walnut Stain Distress Stickles (Tim Holtz - Ranger)