Monday, April 20, 2009

Willow for Your Thoughts

I wanted to try some embossing powder on this beautiful Willow stamp…

A Willow for Your Thoughts:



I started with white cardstock and embossed the tree using brown for the trunk and some of the branches and then copper for the rest of the tree (copper is my favorite embossing color). After heat setting I came back with my VersaMark pen and clear embossed the trunk of the tree. The background is wrinkle free distress and I added some copper thread stitching and Tim’s Idea-ology hardware to complete the card.


Are the trees budding where you live? We are still waiting here in NE Ohio.
KAT


The Stuff:
Stamps - Birch Tree Paintings (Innovative Stamp Creations)
Paper - White, Copper, Close to Chocolate Chip
Ink - VersaMark; Mustard Seed, Broken China, Peeled Paint, Walnut Stain Distressed Ink (Tim Holtz - Ranger)
Other - Copper, Brown EP (Ranger), copper thread, Muse Token, Game Spinner (Tim Holtz - Idea-ology)

2 comments:

neverenoughrubberstamps said...

Absolutely Stunning!!!!
That tree really speaks to me!
Beautiful work of heart!

Cheers,

Dorothy

Heather Ulmer said...

beautiful work! love your embossing! our trees have just started budding but sadly we just got more snow today :( and it was looking so hopeful