Thursday, February 5, 2009

Colors of Spring

It’s been a very cold and snowy Winter here in NE Ohio and I am wishing for Spring! This image reminds me of much warmer weather…

Colors of Spring


Close up of the Distress Stickles
This is another new image that will be available from Innovative Stamp Creations on Feb 9th. Doesn’t she look all innocent and sweet! She was water colored using colored pencils and Goo Gone, yes Goo Gone! I find that Goo Gone works better for me than odorless mineral spirits - I can get the colored pencils to move on the paper with no effort. For this card I used both the sewing machine and needle and thread - my home-ec teachers would be proud.

The center of the sunflowers is Distress Stickles - love the stuff - it looks like broken glass!

I hope you are finding time to be creative!

KAT

The Stuff:
Stamps - She’s So Sweet (Innovative Stamp Creations)
Paper - (all SU) White, Certainly Celery, Barely Banana, Baja Breeze
Ink - Timber Brown Stazon
Other - Prismacolor Colored Pencils, Goo Gone, buttons, Cuttlebug Embossing Folders, Corner Punch (SU), Vintage Photo Distress Stickles

3 comments:

Connie M. said...

This is so adorable, Kathy! Love the layout, buttons and those distress stickles...fabulous!!

Unknown said...

Love it Kat, but as I live in England and have never heard of goo gone, can you enlighten me....

Heather Ulmer said...

aww very cute and springy