Thursday, February 12, 2009

Appreciate Your Grandfather

When I was younger I loved spending time talking with my Grandfather - we talked about everything from planting a garden, the new article in National Geographic, religion to how to “shuck” a lima bean. I wish he was still here to see the woman that I grew up to be and so that we could still talk for hours. So in honor of my Grandfather…

Appreciate your Grandfather



This card is pretty self explanatory - tole technique, gold embossing, crumpled/inked cardstock and lots of linen thread.

If you are lucky enough to still have any of your grandparents in your life give them a hug today!
KAT


The Stuff:
Stamps - (all Innovative Stamp Creations) Men of Wisdom, Nature Silhouettes I
Paper - Very Vanilla, Black (SU); World Traveler (Heidi Swapp)
Ink - VersaMark; Onyx Black Versafine; Tea Dye, Frayed Burlap, Black Soot (Tim Holtz, Distressed Ink, Ranger)
Other - Wax Linen Thread, Mini Library Clips (SU)

4 comments:

Connie R. said...

This is a very nice card and what a super idea. Thanks for sharing.
Connie R.

Connie Paxman said...

Another beautiful piece, very nostalgic and full of sentiment.
connie paxman

heather said...

Wow great card, grandpas are the best. I love how you used the map paper.

Smullis said...

This is a great card...and story.