Friday, August 29, 2008

Flowers & Linen

Another sample of the beautiful Harlequin flower today.

Flowers & Linen


All of the flower panels on this card are glossy paper. The background panel was as bright at the focal flower until I sanded it - I used the faux linen technique to create this effect on background. The faux linen technique is simply standing your background image horizontally and vertically. If you could see the card close up you would notice that it looks like threads running through the background. This was my first try at this technique and I really like how this turned out.

From my previous post - Hunter was bur free today - it’s going to be a good day!

I hope your day is filled with flowers!


Thanks for the visit!
KAT


The Stuff:
Stamps - Harlequin Flowers 2 (Innovative Stamp Creations)
Paper - Glossy White, Old Olive, Black
Ink - (all Ranger) Jet Black Archival; Peeled Paint, Fired Brick, Antique Linen, Weathered Wood Distressed Ink
Other - Long Rectangle Megabilities (Spellbinders), ribbon, button, brads, Black Diamond Stickles (Ranger), sanding block

6 comments:

Shirley said...

Wow, Kat, what a great sense you have for color and design. This is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

woo very pretty i love the colours aswell! check out my brand new blog if u have a minute

Shelly said...

I love the soft bit of color Kathy, wonderful example of how versatile this set is!

Soguesswhat11 said...

that's a great look - and I like how you lightened the background layer. And another step in the faux linen technique is to wipe a matching colored inkpad over the scratched lines to really highlight the linen look... but your card definitely didn't need that step - it's beautiful!!

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is an absolutely stunning card. I am good to have to give this technique a try. Love the colors and those great stamps!

Stacey Schafer said...

another gorgeous card! you have loads of style, Kat!