Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!

I hope the Easter Bunny left you your favorite Chocolate Bunny or some of his special jelly beans (have you seen Hop?, if you have you know about his special beans LOL).

Thought I would share two Easter cards full of Tim Holtz and Ranger stuff... (gasp - I cut into my Seasonal Stack!)

Chocolate Bunny:


Side View:


The bunny was molded using Mold and Pour and UTEE from an real chocolate bunny (only a few chocolate bunnies were injured during the making of this card):

This card was inspired by a Make and Take that Tim Holtz did "somewhere" and Mario Tweeted it (he is the king of BTS you know - if you are not aware you should follow him on twitter. He shares what is going on "behind the scenes" with Tim and his love of Starbucks! ).

Vintage Bunny:

Side View:

This one is full of Tim's dies, ink and idea-ology. That awesome bunny I bought at a stamp show last week - it's from 100proofpress (I like that they have unmounted rubber - my fav). I also used some of Tim's Glassine paper on layers of the flower.

I wish you lots of great chocolate today and I also hope that you get to spend today with your family and friends!

Happy Creating!

KAT

The Stuff - Pretty much Tim Holtz and the Vintage bunnies 100proofpress

11 comments:

Vic said...

Great cards! I love how you molded the bunny.

Bunnyfreak said...

Saw your post on the ALL about Tim Yahoo group. These are great cards.

Cathy Y said...

OMG - these are stunning! And how clever of you to use UTEE and a real bunny to make your embellishments. BTW,my goal this year was to cut into any piece of designer paper I own if it was right for a project. And let me tell you, it was very freeing!

Sherry Goodloe said...

Fab-u-lous creations Kat! love them :)

Lori said...

Gorgeous, and I LOVE that chocolate bunny! Brilliant idea!

Marjie Kemper said...

Great cards! Clever to make the UTEE bunny!

Joy said...

Chocolate bunny.... GENIUS!!!! Love it!

Kelly Craft Abram said...

I'm loving your ideas!
Kelly

Candy C said...

Hi Kat! LOVE your two vintage bunny pieces you're sharing on your blog. They are amazing! The molded bunny....genius! :) Beautifully done work! <3 Candy

Starla said...

Yay, KAT!! You're baaackkk!! I absolutely love the chocolate bunny! How stinkin' clever are you?!!

Melanie said...

Kat I just found your blog, after your beautiful paper pieced card was today's Card of the Day at Splitcoast Stampers Blog & Facebook!!! This choc bunny is truly inspired. I posted a link to it on the Make it Crafty Facebook Group because I thought EVERONE would love it.