Monday, July 14, 2008

Kristen's Bird

Odd name? Well what do you name a chipboard bird made for Kristen?

I made this mini album for my niece’s birthday (she made me promise to not include her age here - so what - she’s close to 30 - but she’s not 30 yet). She loves birds - the stamping/paper crafting variety - so when I found this bird chipboard from Maya Road I and all the bird chipboard accessories knew what to make her!

This bird album is about Kristen’s Yorkie puppy with his first experience with Daisies. And as all puppies - he was wondering if they tasted good!

Kristen’s Bird Cover:
Close up of flower:


This was made using Cuttlebug two step petals and Hambly Screen Prints. The center is Vintage Glass Glitter (shards) adhered to Red line dimension Black Boosters that I purchased from Jodi at Confession of a Ribbon Addict . This stuff is fabulous and I used it in a lot a places on this album. The Glass Shards are pretty chunky and the read line really holds it into place. She is having a Sticky share right now so stop over and check it out!!!

Second Page:

Close up of Bird and Branch:
The Glass Shards on the branch was adhered using Crystal Effects. The chipboard Bird was covered with ink, stamped and then I put Crystal Effects on it to make it shiny.


Third Page:


For this page the bird was painted black, stamped and one coat of UTEE that I partially melted.

Fourth Page:

Close up Butterfly:

This is a Cuttlebug two step dye. I stamped the butterfly before it was embossed and the embossing folder had black dye ink on it to make the impression stand out.


Fifth Page:



6th Page:


Heart is also Cuttlebug. The “black” bird is a mirror… see the next picture.


Close up Mirror:



This bird mirror is from Heidi Swap - you can see my camera reflection - it was a nice, unique added touch to this page.

All the pages had paper adhered to them except for the one painted black. I used Mod Podge to do this and here is the trick to not get any air bubbles - apply a thin, even coat.


There is a lot of stamping on the background paper to pull in the blue - it’s hard to see all this detail in the pictures.


Oh - one more thing - a shout out to Maya Road! This cute Bird chipboard album was only $3.99 at my LSS - now that’s a DEAL!


I hope you enjoyed Kristen’s Bird - and Kristen - Happy Birthday again!!!

If you made it this far thanks for sticking with me and, as always - Thanks for the visit!
KAT

Additional Info:
Stamps - Garden Silhouettes, Print Pattern, Embrace Life, In Full Bloom, Essence of Love (SU); Birdi (Savior Faire); Simpy Stated (Fancy Pants); Birds Galore (Inkadinkado); Branch Songster (Stampendous); Tim Holtz Bird (Stampers Anonymous); Art4Frames II (Innovative Stamp Creations)



Paper - Grad Plaid, Text Message, Stripe Flourish (the Paper Company Studio); Scarlett’s Letter (Basic Grey), ATC Patchwork (Hambly Screen Prints)



Ink - Soft Sky, Black, Versamark, Soft Sky (Brilliance)



Other - Bird Coaster Album, Birds of a Feather Chipboard, Trees Chipboard (Maya Road); Vintage Glass Glitter (Art Institute Glitter); Bird Mirrors, Mini Chipboard (Heidi Swapp); Mod Podge Matte (Plaid); Black Diamond Crystal Stickles (Ranger); Crystal Effects (SU); misc buttons; Petal, heart, butterfly two step (Cuttlebug); Bird Charms (Blue Moon); Black, white acrylic paint (Delta); red line boosters, circles (Confessions of a Ribbon Addict)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All I can say is WOW!!!!!!

I must have a bird album....I must have a bird album....I must...